Miraloma Park was planned to become a “City in Itself,” a “suburban home center wherein they could use economics of mass production, thus bringing home ownership within the average means.” The neighborhood was developed from 1926 through the 1950s, largely by the Meyer Brothers: Theodore Meyer, President, G.H. Winter, Secretary, and Dewey Blade, Sales Manager, who purchased 350 single family home sites from the Sutro estate (North of Tract E). Another “1,650 sites from Wells Fargo & Company (including Stanford Heights once owned by Leland Stanford) and from individual owners as far away as France,” over a total of 208 acres. Their master plan of one-story over-garage homes with individualized designs in a suburban setting was the largest yet in San Francisco.
For more, continue reading at mtdavidson.org/miraloma-park/.