What We Do
The MPIC partners with City agencies to keep our neighborhood safe and beautiful. Here are some of our accomplishments:
- Zoning conservation through active partnership with the Department of City Planning.
- Promoting quality architectural design via the Miraloma Park Residential Design Guidelines (adopted into the Planning Code by the Planning Commission in 1999).
- Successful advocacy for increased staffing of officers at Ingleside Station and effective community policing in collaboration with Ingleside. Zero tolerance of illegal activity.
- Teresita traffic safety. (Inclusion of Miraloma Park in the City’s traffic calming program; increased enforcement, installation of the additional stop sign on Teresita at Stillings.)
- Drug house abatement. (We’ve closed 3 drug houses.)
- Municipal Code enforcement (a key component in maintaining property values).
- Leadership in preservation of O’Shaughnessy Hollow, a biologically significant natural area.
- Graffiti abatement.
- Events: historical presentations, local area tours, candidate and local issue forums, kitchen and garden tours, and social events including our annual holiday party in early December.
- See more of our activities and achievements.
January 25, 2018